[return to Symposium website]

Traveling to TAMU

Getting to TAMU

Most folks fly directly into College Station, TX (airport code CLL). American Airlines services College Station, TX via Dallas, TX (airport code: DFW). United Airlines services College Station, TX via Houston, TX (airport code: IAH). If IQSE is paying/reimbursing your airfare, please be sure to contact Mrs. Selina Garcia (selina.garcia@tamu.edu) PRIOR to purchasing your ticket in order to ensure travel rules are being followed so the expense can be reimbursed.

Some visitor have been known to fly into Houston, TX or Austin, TX and then drive to College Station, TX. The drive is about 110-120 miles (2 -2.5 hours). Please check the map before embarking on the adventure of driving since there are no interstates connecting College Station, TX to the outside world.

Campus Maps


  • Paid visitor parking is available across the street from the Mitchell Institute (round building) in the Northside Parking Garage.

Reimbursement of Travel Expenses

If IQSE is reimbursing your travel expenses please contact selina.garcia@tamu.edu with any questions you may have regarding what is needed to get reimbursed BEFORE expense is incurred in order to ensure maximum reimbursement possible. In general:
  • Keep all receipts
  • Make sure all receipts are itemized, in your name, and show proof of payment
  • Note: personal items can not be reimbursed
  • Note: extra luggage fees (i.e., cost for having more than one bag) need to be approved in advance
  • Need quotes: If you are combining your travel with other travel, please be sure to get a quote for the expense had the expense been incurred if only TAMU business was conducted. For example, in the case of airfare, get a quote for the cost of a plane ticket had a plane ticket been purchased for TAMU business travel only. Quotes are important because TAMU will only reimburse the lesser of the two (i.e., the quote or actual expense).
  • If someone is traveling with you, please know our accounts can not pay for additional cost incurred as a result of a second person being present, i.e., please get a signed statement from the hotel where you are staying indicating whether there was any additional expense incurred as a result of a second person being in the room. Most folks simply have the hotel employee write on the itemized receipt at check out that "no additional expense (or whatever the case may be) was incurred for the presence of the second person" and have the hotel employee sign and date the statement. Failure to get the statement at check-out will create delays in processing of your reimbursement request.
  • If you are a foreigner traveling on a visitor visa or via the visa waiver program, your passport/I-94 card MUST be stamped business (i.e., B1 or W-B) when you go through customs in order for us to be able to reimburse your expenses.

Contact tctp@tamu.edu for more information

Updated June 21, 2014